Tuesday, December 16, 2014

Haola Health & Wellness: Baby Steps

My SCORE mentor, who has been extremely helpful so far, gave me a bunch of homework to do which is GREAT because I had no clue where to start so, the tasks were welcome.

First assignment was to create a flyer for my business idea and then to share it out and get feedback. Here it is. Feedback away...



I am also in the process of finding a space where I can offer these classes. In addition to offering regularly scheduled classes at a set location, I really want to be able to go to people who can't come to me (i.e. home-bound, nursing homes, etc.) and also I want to be able to go into schools and workplaces. I think outreach health and wellness services are where it's at - or where it will soon be - plus, I think people are more likely to create regular at-home practice if they learn how to practice at home. Does that make sense? 

Possible spaces that I'm looking into include:

  • The YMCA
  • Hagerstown Community College
  • The library (of course, but there may be some conflict of interest bits I'll need to navigate)
  • Churches
  • Fitness centers/Yoga studios
  • Spas? 
  • Doctors' offices/counselors' offices, etc. 
The other piece of research I had to do was into pricing models but you tell me, please, those of you who are reading this: which pricing model would you be more likely to commit to:
  • The course model: you sign up for a 6-week course (i.e. Introduction to Qigong pt. 1) for which you pay a flat fee of $125. Six classes total. You can then choose to sign up for another 6-week course (i.e. Introduction to Qigong pt. 2), for which you pay the same fee. Etc. 
  • The tuition model: you sign up for a one-year contract during which time you can take up to 3 classes per week at set days and times. You pay monthly $150. 
  • The pay-per-class model: you show up at the advertised days and times and pay on the spot $10. No long term commitment. 
Are there other pricing models I'm missing? 

Other things I'm thinking about that maybe you can help with:
  • Is it too soon to sign up for a PO Box for my business?
  • Should I form an LLC first before all else? How do I do that?
  • Should I go ahead and get a mock website up since I have the domain?
  • Is there an order of operations that most start-ups follow because I feel like I'm kinda hen-pecking? 
Insights and guidance are welcome...

No comments:

Post a Comment