Wednesday, September 3, 2014

Why Quotes

Julie Gaver, a friend, mentor, and consistently inspiring wonder-woman (seriously, if you don't know her, you need to) shared the following quote on her Facebook page yesterday and I thought it expressed what it is that I'm trying to do through the 'Learning Your Why' course:

"Maybe the journey isn't so much about becoming anything. Maybe it's about un-becoming everything that isn't really you -- so you can be who you were meant to be in the first place." (Unknown)

This quote just felt right. Like, "yes - that's exactly it!" The Learn Your Why course is helping me realize what isn't really me by completing a series of, what I've found to be, intense reflection exercises. I can see how this might sound silly. "You're almost 32 years old, Julie. You haven't figured out who or what you are yet?" To which I would aptly reply, "Sure I have; I just haven't figured out why I am yet." I think I'm making progress; actually, I think I've made a hell of a lot of progress especially during the last 5 years but I also feel like I've plateaued and that doesn't feel right. 

Just had a thought: Is why I am different from why I do what I do? Or are they one in the same?

How do you handle your plateaus? What pushes you to take the next steps?

No comments:

Post a Comment